Andres Bonifacio Lodge History
Named in honor of Brother Andres Bonifacio one of the founders and later became the Supremo of the Katipunan. Born in Tondo, Manila on November 30, 1863, he led the “Cry of Pugad Lawin” that sparked the 1896 Philippine revolution against colonial Spain. Brother Andres Bonifacio was a member of Taliba Lodge No. 165 under the Gran Oriente Español.
It was Labong Lodge No. 59 that recommended the formation of the Lodge and on September 1, 1973, Grand Master Ruperto S. Demonteverde issued a dispensation authorizing its formation on October 26, 1973 thereafter the formal organizational meeting of the Lodge was held. On April 1974 Annual Communication of the Most Worshipful Grand Lodge of the Philippines committee on charters established that Andres Bonifacio Lodge UD (Under Dispensation) had initiated, passed and raised four candidates and had a total membership of 44 Master Masons and 1 Entered Apprentice.
On June 22, 1974 Andres Bonifacio Lodge was constituted as a regular Lodge by MW John O. Wallace and assigned the number 199. Worshipful Brother Jose B. Perez was installed as its Worshipful Master together with Brothers Herminio C. Navia and Brother Salvador C. Diaz as Senior and Junior Wardens respectively. Its initial domicile was at Caloocan City and had since established its residence at the Capitol Masonic Temple in Quezon City.
The establishment of Andres Bonifacio Lodge No. 199 was also made possible through the untiring efforts of VW Teofilo C. Leonidas who at that time was the District Deputy Grand Master of Masonic District No.9 and at present as Masonic District NCR-E under the jurisdiction of the Most Worshipful Grand Lodge of Free and Accepted Masons of the Philippines.